Learn a little more about what drives us and what we can do for you!
Buffalove Development is a real estate development company focused on rehabilitating vacant and underutilized historic buildings in Buffalo, New York. Buffalove aims to revitalize neighborhoods by rehabilitating historic properties with proven energy efficiency measures, creating jobs, inspiring additional reinvestment and providing clean, affordable living options to the community. Additionally, Buffalove Development offers Community Development Consulting Services that seek to empower communities across the country to champion these ideas and other best practices through public speaking engagements and community workshops.
There are four key principles that guide Buffalove Development’s work: Preservation, Sustainability, Community & BuffaLove.
- Hands-on Experience Renovating Vacant and Underutilized Historic Properties
- Listing Historic Resources to the Local, State and National Register of Historic Places
- Relevant Work Experience with Local, State and National Historic Preservation Governmental Entities
- Extensive Knowledge and Application of the New York State and Federal Historic Preservation Tax Incentive programs
- Non-Profit Organizational Management Experience
- Understanding of Current Public Policy Opportunities and Impediments
- Building Performance Institute(BPI) Certified Professional
- Extensive Knowledge and Application of New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) Incentives
- Experience Implementing Various Energy Efficiency Measures in Historic and Non-Historic Properties of All sizes - Single Family Homes to Multi-family Apartment Complexes
- Creation and Implementation of Innovative, Community-based, Advocacy Campaigns for Historic Resources and Public Investment Initiatives
- Participation in Section 106 & Section 14.09 Review Processes
- Hosting Community Workshops
- Community Organizing Experience